From the Feeds
This first post is about inclusivity and how easy it can be.
Next up is this novel approach to how to read Fahrenheit 451.
Next is a story about Joe Manganeillo letting his geekness hang out with pride in order to bring joy to a hospital in America.
1. I’ve sorted out the internet and gotten a better deal. I’ve got to wait four more days, but I can cope with that.
2. I gave the kitchen a proper good clean and made spaghetti bolognese.
3. There have been so many little things that have made me smile today; from a blogger who is offering a proof to disadvantaged teens to the Starbucks barista who let me know I was able get a free refill on my coffee. But, the biggest little joy was the fact that there is a job going as an education officer in the Beatle’s Story. Well, if that isn’t a job made for me, I don’t know what is.
Just the Daily Three today
1. I did lots of sorting, binning and organising. It’s a long slog, but I think I’m finally at the point where everything has a place.
2. I’ve been able to send off my carer’s application. Again, another hard slog, but its getting there.
3. I am ending the night with Desperate Housewives. Such an amazing show.
Sorry I haven’t compiled the articles today. I’ve been a little preoccupied.
From the Feeds
Solo post for today is a heartwarming story about the longest surviving kidney transplant recipient.
1. We now have smoke alarms
2. There was the most gorgeous toddler in Starbucks today. She came up to my table and smiled at me and giggled. There is literally nothing better than a smile.
3. My gorgeous and beautiful friend who runs a book subscription company made sure my next subscription is coming to the right address instead of being lost in London. It’s simple things like a message that makes a person a little more… Seen.
From the Feeds
First up is the gift giving cat.
Next is this cheesetastic compilation of faux posters by NASA.
1. I made some amazing lamb roast.
2. I found the best jumper in Sainsbury’s. It was in the sale too.
3. Took part in #sundayYA which really makes me feel like I belong
From the Feeds
It’s been a busy day on my Facebook for NDNG. Perhaps I was in more of a need for it after waking up to news about an explosion in Paris. But nevertheless, here’s some of the best from the feeds.
First is Mike and his mission to end loneliness in the older generation.
Next is a concept that will be amazing and something that should be adopted nationwide, if not abused and vandalised by the general public.
Finally, just a picture I found during my scrolling. Really hit home and made me think.
1. I went to the Vale and had my first pork roll in what feels like forever. Comes with stuffing and crackling. What’s not to love?
2. Book Post! Got to love the book post.
3. Was a nice afternoon snuggling with the cats, while my dad slept away. Yes, the documentary on in the background was a little annoying, but on the most part I drowned it out.
From the Feeds
First off is this adorable post which sees a photographer setting up a real life Sylvania Family in his back garden.
Second up is the news about amazing Hamilton writer Lin-Manuel Miranda and other creatives from the award winning play who bought a drama book shop in order to stop it from closing.
Final no doom, no gloom of the day is an uplifting post from Bradford which announces a new documentary about a young female cricket team.
1 I feel happy. I know that’s not an event or something tangible, but damn it’s a feeling I don’t notice without it being triggered. It’s nice to have that feeling of happy without anything specific causing it.
2 second day Scouse for lunch. Just brilliant.
3 Every day the house gets tidier. The washing is almost all done and my things are almost all packed away. Then… I’ll have nothing to distract me from writing.
From the Feeds
First up is this post that has an adopt, don’t shop message at its heart. It’s lovely to see a cat that would normally be over looked given a home.
This second post is from the wonderful buzzfeed who have compiled 17 good deeds that will leave you feeling uplifted.
1. I woke up to discover that BoRhap and the beautiful Rami Malek have won Golden Globes. It bodes well for Rami, and the film, being at the very least being nominated for the OSCARS. I’m hoping this means i’ll get to see the amazing Joe Mazzello on the red carpet in yet another hot suit.
2. I made Scouse. I made a big fat pan of Scouse; it smelt amazing, it tasted amazing… and I watched an episode of ’You’ while I did it too.
3. I spent a few hours in Starbucks. I got my filter coffee and settled down and got some work done. I was doing really well… Until the place got busy.
Bonus. I took time to go through my photos today and it meant I found some lovely pictures of Casca and Cassius:
From the News
Just the one post for today. It’s so bloody beautiful that it needs no others to distract you from it.
1 I don’t have the ‘ return to work’ blues. I’ve missed not having that feeling.
2 I was well enough to leave the house. Whoop! Wasn’t out for long, but it means tomorrow I get to start my new life which involves being up and out the house early doors. (Less mysterious: I’ll be form filling, blogging, story writing and job hunting until 11 when my father wakes… until I get the internet when the coffee drinking can happen at home)
3 I sorted out a load of my clothes and managed to get the couch clear of things downstairs. I’m very very close to having most things put away.
On the Feeds
First up is a post about the beautiful and underrated black cat. Often black cats, and tuxedo cats, get abandoned and left in shelters because misconceptions.
Second up is a wonderful and uplifting post from Buzzfeed. I challenge each and everyone of you to take a look and be inspired to do something kind to a colleague over the next month.
Finally, this is a post I’ve seen a few times and it brings joy to my heart. Not only is it a story of women looking out for each other, it breaks boundaries of colour and culture in order to demonstrate pure love.
1 I fixed my dad’s washing machine. Now I only have two loads of washing to do.
2 In a sliding doors of my life, I could have been in London and preparing to go back to a job that was eating away at my soul. Instead I’m snuggled up in bed and ready to start the next chapter of my life.
3 Book Post!!! Getting books in the post makes me so happy. Not all because of the freebie- the main thing I love is the fact that I’m helping promote someone’s work.
Happy Friday everyone.
In the News
First up tonight is a story of a 9-year old I’m sure all of us wish we could be more like.
Next up we have an amazing accomplishment that needs to be celebrated in the USA.
Finally, this post gives you 10 benefits of working with animals.
Yesterday and today I’ve found very difficult, mainly because I’m coming down with a cold or flu. I’m currently writing this at 6.30 on a Friday night while in bed. However, it’s times like this, when it’s hard, that you have to push through and find some positives.
1. I sat down and watched Hobson’s Choice with my Dad. He’s found this channel that’s playing old school movies. I’ve been finding them a bit hit and miss, but Hobson’s Choice was exactly what I needed today.
2. I’m hopefully going to see a sing-a-long version of BoRhap next Friday. I love that film and I’ll take any excuse to see it again.
3. My cats, Casca and Cassius, have been amazing the last few days. They’ve been snuggling up and purring away. Almost as if they know I’m sick.
Good night all
In the News
Auticon exclusively hire employees who are on the autistic spectrum.
A sweet little story about Maisie Green who has been knitting for her local dogs trust.
Another compilation from Buzzfeed that will melt your heart.
- My Hopper pop arrived. On my birthday, I was pulled out of HMV before I bought him and when I went back, he’d found a home. Worked in my favour because I found him cheaper online.
- I’ve booked my FREE ticket to the Northern YA Lit festival in March. There is going to be a speed dating event with book agents where I can pitch my Liverpool based YA novel and hopefully get some advice.
- I was asked to be a part of my first Instagram blog tour. I’m so happy to be able to help promote an upcoming book and I have some brilliant ideas for the photos.
Sleep well beautiful people