Director Kirk R Thatcher
About On Halloween night, Gonzo is challenged to spend one night in The Haunted Mansion.
Moon: Full Moon sighted just before Gonzo enters the mansion.
Where to Watch: Disney Plus
- Kermit’s new voice is not quite right for me. At first, I thought it was that Kermit had a pig nose on his face and they were adding an effect. However, additional scenes proved otherwise. Whoever they picked is a few octaves lower than previous voice actors and not only is it noticeable, it changes the whole character.
- Wil Arnett is perhaps the perfect human companion after Jason Segel. He has the adaptability to play the sort of characters Muppets needs. Arnett looks in his element throughout and it lifts up the performance of everyone involved.
- Move over Animal, Pepe is my new favourite Muppet. He’s charming and funny. Not only that, he works well alongside fan favourite, Gonzo.
- The songs are used sparingly, which I’m grateful for.
- The humour, the charm and the meta-ness of the plot is all on brand and well written throughout.
- It’s the perfect length for a family-friendly film. Especially for those days when no one has the attention for anything longer.
Muppets doing what Muppets do best, what’s not to love?