Length: 1Hr 26
About: When Gnomeo and Juliet first arrive in London with their friends and family, their biggest concern is getting a new garden ready for spring. When everyone in the garden suddenly goes missing — there’s only one gnome to call — Sherlock Gnomes. The famous detective and sworn protector of the city shows up with his sidekick Watson to investigate the case. The mystery soon leads the gnomes on a rollicking adventure as they meet all-new ornaments and explore an undiscovered side of London.
- The recreation of the great hall in the Natural History Museum is rather beautiful and it doesnt stop there. London is painstakingly recreated.
- It’s a funny take on the Sherlock legend. This outing is more like Toy Story with Gnomes than the first. It’s rather clever with its jokes and its overall plot.
- Gnomeo and Juliet are a bit redundant and the inter fighting just proves that Romeo and Juliet we’re doomed to fail had they not been so dramatic.
- I also really didn’t like that they sacrificed the characters and their relationship for the sake of the plot. It feels a little cheap.
- Sherlock’s mind palace starts off as a cute transition, but by the third venture its lost its novelty.
- The set up takes too long for such a short film.
- I’m not sold on the Elton John soundtrack. Yes, it has the Britishness but it lacks the charm by being a sole artists back catalogue.