This has been inspired/ lovingly stolen from Richard’s (@thehumposhow) The Humpo Show End of Year Awards 
Favourite Film of the Year
(1) Thor: Ragnarok
(3) Spiderman- Homecoming
Favourite non-2017 Film
(1) The Thing (1982)
(2) Poseidon Adventure (1972)
(3) Hunter for the Wilderpeople (2016)
Favourite Book of the Year
(1) Otherworld by Jason Segel and Kirsten Miller
(2) Book of Fire by Mich Kenney
(3) It Only Happens in the Movies by Holly Bourne
Favourite non-2017 Book
(1) The Bone Season by Samantha Shannon
(2) The Cuckoo’s Calling by Robert Galbraith
(3) Replica by Lauren Oliver
Favourite audio Book
(1) Alien: River of Pain by Dirk Maggs and Christopher Golden [narrated by Anna Friel, Philip Glenister, Colin Salmon and Alexander Siddig]
(2) You’re Never Weird on the Internet (Almost) by Felicia Day [also narrated by Felicia Day]
(3) Neil Patrick Harris: Choose Your Own Autobiography by Neil Patrick Harris [adapted for audio and narrated by Neil Patrick Harris]
Favourite 2017 TV Show
(1) Stranger Things
(2) Rick and Morty
(3) Star Trek: Discovery
Favourite non 2017 Tv Show
(1) White Collar
(2) Buffy the Vampire Slayer
(3) Private Practice
Favourite Podcasts 2017
(1) The Sunnydale Stacks
(2) Hey, Do You Remember?
(3) The Franchise
Favourite WordPress Bloggers
(1a) https://goldenbooksgirl.wordpress.com/ Amy is a woman who I consider a wonderful friend. She never fails to like and comment on my posts; I honestly don’t know what I’d do without her positivity. Her blog is fab and has many guest posts to share the love.
(1b) https://acupofwonderland.wordpress.com/ Hannah, for me comes as a pair with Amy. I feel the three of us bonded over our love of Greys. Again, a brilliant human being who has been there for me so much over the last few months. Her blog is a mix of round ups, readathons and reviews.
(2) https://jilljemmett.com/ Jill is a very supportive reader and has a beautiful blog that looks at YA, graphic novels and best ofs… Jill is currently taking part in Blogmas and is certainly worth a read.
(3) https://confessionsofayareader.wordpress.com/ Kristi Housman’s blog is wonderful, beautiful and contains reviews, monthly book hauls and giveaways.
Favourite Posts from Bloggers
Favourite Posts From Moi
(1) Otherworld Written by Jason Segel and Kristen Miller ( https://queensofgeekdom.com/2017/08/01/otherworld-written-by-jason-segel-and-kristen-miller/ ) This was my first book review and, as a result, rebranded my blog. Not only has it caused my third attempt at breaking into the blog world to be a success, this review got me published on the cover of the book. I’ve never been so happy.
(2) A Greys Anatomy Tag (https://queensofgeekdom.com/2017/10/21/a-greys-anatomy-tag/ ) It was put out there as a bit of fun, but I’m very happy to see that quite a few people have completed it.
(3) Mental Health- The Rabbit Hole and the App that saved me #mentalhealthmatterso (https://queensofgeekdom.com/2017/08/12/mental-health-the-rabbit-hole-and-the-app-that-saved-me-mentalhealthmatterso/) My first post looking at mental health. I was a bit nervous about the reception of the piece.
(1) “They forgot nothing real can be perfect.”- Otherworld
(2) “A creepy old man cut my hair off!” – Thor Ragnarok
(3) “I may be a pretty shitty boyfriend, but turns out I’m actually a pretty damn good babysitter.” —Steve, Stranger Things Series 2
Twitterers to Follow
(1) Zoe Collins host of the wonderful #nspbookclub, very active blog and vlog. If that wasn’t enough talent, she has added a book subscription box business.
(2) Rachel (@_sectumsemprah) host of #SundayYA
(3) Suze Lavender is worth a follow for the giveaways and access to her blog.
I hope you’ve all enjoyed reading this as much as I’ve enjoyed writing it. This isn’t the only post Queens of Geekdom will have over the final month of the year; both myself and Gem will be doing a countdown of our top books of the year and crowing one QoG’s Book of the Year 2017.
4 thoughts on “Han’s Queens of Geekdom end of Year Round Up (2017)”
This is absolutely lovely of you Han, thank you! I was so nervous when entering this community that no one would like me (especially since I’m younger than some) but I’m so grateful to you and everyone else for being so welcome xxx
And the same goes for you.
Thanks to my vicious ex and his hurtful ex, I’ve not had the most welcoming experience into the YA community. Thanks to people like yourself though, you’ve ensured I didn’t give up xxxx
LikeLiked by 1 person
Lovingly stolen- haha love it 😂
Otherworld and It Only Happens at the Movies are high on my TBR, I actually won a giveaway for IOHatM recently so I’ll get to read it soon!
Thanks for taking inspiration and adding more to it too, this post is fantastic!! Xx
You are absolutely lovely Han! Thank you so much for mentioning me, I am really grateful for your friendship in the blogging community. I was wondering do you listen to the Bufferying the Vampire Slayer podcast? It’s really good. x